Is is possible to mod the game? What's the requirement (city number) to get the city building task from Alderman office?

• I've got the HD mod from steam forum. But the graphics would feel too slim for now, I guess I've gotten too used to playing it on widescreen monitor without HD resolution. I have since reverted back to non-HD resolution.

You could say it's cheating, but these are ways to make the game even more fun for us. Cheating with the gold and goods will most probably remove the fun from the game, but removing the limit of city building number will undoubtedly add more fun for most players.

Though currently I'm still looking at how to modify the goods production of new towns.

I found that some Chinese softwares called P3 Insight is able to do it, however it only works in Windows XP. It is quite a bit of work for me to search for the correct memory address for city goods production in Cheat Engine.

I would like some insight here if anybody knows: the alt tab issue (the game keeps crashing when alt tabbing in win 10). I tried several things, like various compatibility modes, analyzing logs and whatnot but ultimately I didn't find much useful info (apphelp.dll will ultimately crash, but this is not the source of the problem; it is just where the game dies).

Not sure about you, I'm able to alt-tab in Windows 10 to use Cheat Engine without issue. All I had to do is just ticking the box that says "Override high DPI scaling behaviour", which is just below the compatibility modes. Did you try this?

• I tried the "Override high DPI scaling behavior", but it still doesn't help. Maybe it is related to the patches I tried along time. A clean install of the game could help I guess.
    Regarding the "cheating" part: I meant you can modify any integer in the game: from infinite money to the production of every factory or the number of workers/total population etc. But yes I agree making it to permit founding more cities is a good thing :).
    For the goods offered on the new city there is an in game way: by creating a shortage of a certain product (see this I have translated Tippsammlung_2010 in english ) There is a chapter related.
    It may be hard to find the memory address for the new city production. I would try to scan before and after taking the mission

• For the goods offered on the new city there is an in game way: by creating a shortage of a certain product (see this I have translated Tippsammlung_2010 in english ) There is a chapter related.

I've read about that before, but it is way way too much trouble to create shortage of products to get the production I need, and I don't find it fun to do.

And it is most probably bugged, as it is supposed to just give you whatever production that Hanse needs most, not the next one up alphabetically (in German).

Easiest and fun way is still just use a cheat program to change the city production, and just build up from there.

• Oh boy good thing I checked this thread. I started my game with 31 towns, and I thought the game had a 2 settlement limit, not a 26 total town limit upon deciding whether to offer the Alderman mission or not. Once I become Alderman and decide I want to create settlements, I'll do as you showed and I'll probably put the limit on 35, so the other 5 locations can stay as independent pirate nests with no further issues. Thanks for sharing this.

And was there any luck on finding a way to modify through cheat engine so the settlements offer productions correctly without having to force unnecessary shortages of the wrong products?

When I cast my eyes over my hometown, and I see how splendidly it has developed over all these years, then I can rightly say with pride: I made my contribution to it.

• Can You please upload Your Patrician3.exe ?

Here's mine. I've set the cities limit to 40, so if you still want to do any destroy pirates hideout mission, you'll probably want to avoid building up to 40 cities, as I don't know what will happen when that happen.

• Regarding the "cheating" part: I meant you can modify any integer in the game: from infinite money to the production of every factory or the number of workers/total population etc

Hi. i am new in this forum, but i have played Patrician 3 and 4 for a long time. I can mod patrician 4 production and almost everything, but i dont know how to do the same in patrician 3, can u help me? i want to make more profitable the production buildings and modify many other things like that.

Thank u in advance

• Hi. i am new in this forum, but i have played Patrician 3 and 4 for a long time. I can mod patrician 4 production and almost everything, but i dont know how to do the same in patrician 3, can u help me? i want to make more profitable the production buildings and modify many other things like that.

Thank u in advance

Not sure how you mod Patrician 4, but in Patrician 3, there was a chinese program written to change the production and stuff (called P3 Insight). Unfortunately the program is not getting anymore update, it doesn't work in Windows 7 or 10 (only in XP).
    I think the they sort of decoded the structure of the memory saved in the game, therefore they could change a lot of things in the game, such as any numbers (money, goods), production, size of cannons (so you can fit more cannons in a ship), buildable area in cites etc.

You could try to mod these using the program Cheat Engine, I think it's doable, it's just time consuming to decode the memory structure.

• Not sure how you mod Patrician 4, but in Patrician 3, there was a chinese program written to change the production and stuff (called P3 Insight). Unfortunately the program is not getting anymore update, it doesn't work in Windows 7 or 10 (only in XP).

I think the they sort of decoded the structure of the memory saved in the game, therefore they could change a lot of things in the game, such as any numbers (money, goods), production, size of cannons (so you can fit more cannons in a ship), buildable area in cites etc.

You could try to mod these using the program Cheat Engine, I think it's doable, it's just time consuming to decode the memory structure.

Can you tell me where to download it P3 Insight? Can I see my file, please? I can't do it. The game is in Russian.

• Sort of that is possible, though very slow and limited.

I made small patch which addresses two problems:

1) unlimited auto-trade unload to offices

2) price micro-managment in offices in lategame

Files attached.

Some details:

1) Problem of overfilling auto-trade target unload office.I.e. when ship has order "unload X cargo in some office"

In patched variant, when ship or convoy unloads, it will unload only until target amount is reached in the office. I.e. instead of adding two ordersin unpatched version

order1: stop in city, load all from office

order2: unload X cargo

you can do close to that now if convoy just has

order1: to unload X cargo

2) Problem of price micromanagement in multiple offices.

When you change price in office, in patched version it will be changed simultaneously in all offices in all cities, if they under same order (buy/sell), and if city is not marked as excuded.

Exclude marking is done using target amount: If amount mod 2 = 0 then price is global, if mod 2 = 1 then price is independent.

For example, if you sell until 0 or 2 or 2*N, then price is global. If you sell until 1 or 3 or 2*N + 1, price is special for this city and won't be changed. Similar for buy (up to 10 - global, up to 11 - local).

You welcome to continue this into more advanced game fixes! Foe example, I wanted to add prices marking with red/green colors if they are under or above some threshold. Or to add notifications if some auto-trade problems were detected. Hard task without source code anyway.

Pair of additional thoughts:

- The fact that you can attach files here (which is damn broken on other sites specialized for mod uploading) is great.

- Please, don't mind me doing a bit illegal thing here. It's sort of honor and respect to game developers and designers when game is so good that it's worth days of binary patching. Of course, we hope for an official patch for this issues and other whishlists.

• Sounds excellent.

Any plans for the red/green profit-markers for easability?

Shall test the unload function soon.

Sounds great...

Here's mine. I've set the cities limit to 40, so if you still want to do any destroy pirates hideout mission, you'll probably want to avoid building up to 40 cities, as I don't know what will happen when that happen.

It doesnt work with HD-mod in widescreen-mode...

Sell as much at least at 15% margin is aquired.

The Hanseatic Empire as a whole had a profit margin at 15% anually.

Producing timber can also make a profit, but only where it has full production.

Even in the hardest settings. Historically the Hanseatic purchased the timber from Torun and Alborg.

Thoose 18 Golden is lost gold...