Getting to the top of the Alderman list

• Hi,
    I'm in a game with a friend, and we have been playing for about 5 years (in game years). After having completed a couple of Alderman missions (building Stavanger, and destroying a pirate hideout) I'm now on the list of Alderman candidates... but I am last on the list.
    Since I gotr on the list, I have also completed the task of creating a new land-traderoute, but I am still the last on the list.
    Is it only my reputation in the Hanse, that will take me to the top of the list, or will more Alderman-missions help?
    I used to played this game 13 years ago with the same friend, and it feels so good to be back in it!
    Regards

• Hi Wukk Hutt,

Welcome to the Forum!

You are right, it is your reputation that finally leads you to the top of the Hanse. Of course those missions and some other things raise your reputation temporarily but the main thing is permanent trading and supporting town with goods needed, especially with goods that are missing. :boat:
    The bigger your trading and supporting network grows the more your reputation will do as well. And in the end no one can touch your trading empire and thus you will remain Alderman continuously. ;)

Best Regards,
    Cete

• Hi Wukk Hutt,

5-6 towns is not enough, I think, imagine how many are supplied by your AI-opponents. And allthough it is not necessary to support all cities, why not? More trade, more money, more reputation. :150:
    Just extend your empire more and more by getting more ships, opening new offices and building up new towns. The title waits along the way.

Best Regards,
    Cete

• Once again thank you very much for your reply.

Although I have played this game since I was 15, I've never become Aldermann! Today I'm 29, and started playing with one of the two friends I used to play with 14 years ago...

Do you know if there will be a new Patrician game out someday? I've tried Patrician IV, but for some reason they didn't put competitive multiplayer in it, which makes absolute no sense to me...