Patrician 3 newbie

• Hi,

I bought patrician 3 few days ago and i can't believe i missed this gem for so many years. But i have a lot of questions and i would be grateful if someone could answer them for me.

Questions:

- When i use auto-trade there is a message that informs you if you had profit or loss. How is that calculated? Does it calculate the costs of running the ship (salaries) or it calculates the amount of money made only from the trade value of your product?

- I've read some guides so far about the Big Four (timber,beer,grain and fish) but nobody seems to mention how much of every thing you need to produce sustain supply of 4(?) towns. And even though the "ship trade" messages kept saying i have profit, my money never seemed to go up (mostly in the summer months in which timber could not be sold at the same prices)

- Is manual trade something you should do all game long to sustain a standard cash flow?

- Is auto-trade profitable when you assign the AI to buy certain products from towns and sell them to other towns? (iron goods from luebeck to Malmo,Aalborg and Beer from Stettin,Gdansk to Luebeck and Rostock)

- When should i start building houses?

If those questions get an answer i'll post some more :D

Thank you in advance.

• Zitat

- When i use auto-trade there is a message that informs you if you had profit or loss. How is that calculated? Does it calculate the costs of running the ship (salaries) or it calculates the amount of money made only from the trade value of your product?

It was a problem of translation. The “profit” actually means income or value of sales volume and the “loss” actually means purchase amount. For example, if your captain only bought a barrel of wine at 200 GS during the whole journey, the “loss” would be 200 GS . And if the captain only sold a barrel of iron goods at 400 GS , the “profit” would be 400 GS .So it does not calculate the costs of running the ship (salaries of sailors and captain).

Zitat

- I've read some guides so far about the Big Four (timber,beer,grain and fish) but nobody seems to mention how much of every thing you need to produce sustain supply of 4(?) towns. And even though the "ship trade" messages kept saying i have profit, my money never seemed to go up (mostly in the summer months in which timber could not be sold at the same prices)

The demand differs among three classes of citizens.The price system will enable the citizens got their demand, just produce enough products to obey the price system presented.

Zitat

- Is manual trade something you should do all game long to sustain a standard cash flow?

No, however it does work greatly in the early period.

Zitat

- Is auto-trade profitable when you assign the AI to buy certain products from towns and sell them to other towns? (iron goods from luebeck to Malmo,Aalborg and Beer from Stettin,Gdansk to Luebeck and Rostock)

How to assign the AI to buy certain products from towns and sell them to other towns?

Zitat

- When should i start building houses?

When the citizens complaints the houses are crowded, that is when the house occupancy is higher than 90% .

• Select the ship with a , select 2 or more cities (even the same city more times, you'll find out soon that you could do everything with 2 or even more times in the same town), then select the product, click 1 time to buy, 2 for sell, more time if you want delete or trade with your office. Even if the message say that you gain some money, other costs can overtake your profit.
    In my personal opinion auto trade ever worth the time you spend for setting everything!