Big Oil - Oil Tycoon 2

• Months ago, as I have been saturated with Patrician 3 (English), I came across to a game called 'Big Oil'. At first contact, before I begin to play, this title evoked me in a multitude of ideas about the eventual complexity of the 'ramifications'... that may well be conceptualized and then materialized in a gaming experience... that will promess sessions after sessions an immense fun... ABER:

:no:

It would better to me to save this 10 euros for real Oil.

Inventor of the "Turkish Building Technique"

Game Ratings:
    First time total population beyond 3Mio frontier:3 045 259
    Current Game: P2_Herz andP2_Kanoneof course..

Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt.
    Lost are only those, who abandon themselves.

• Yes, thats right. I also thought it could be a great game, after having played Oil Imperium on my first computer 15 years ago again and again.

And I also was very disappointed with it.

:mecker:

• I got the luck to get and test it out from my friend. There are many good ideas in the game, which let it become to an intresting game (for the beginning) But i was very disappointed, as i saw the first heavy bugs, and much more disappointed as they were still there with the latest patch. Many buildings do not work right and the funniest thing: if you start a ship in Tokio and let it sail to Los Angeles, it doesn't sail over the pacific. :crazy:

• Hi fellow Patricians,

Against all odds, the game seems to keep its steam until you arrived at a stage of founding your first refinery. I specially loved the naive modeling of motor tankers and see my fleet progressing on auto-trade routes. But after that, this is a total loss. Bugs everywhere, notably game-ruining miscalculations on routes and stock-exchange activities... Wie Schade!!. I managed only one time to see all autos became violet after gasoline feed from my stations. Never happened again though.

The game gloriously support 2560x1600 pixels resolutions after tweaking -config file, and I never experienced a sluggish progress even under more cluttered 3D scenes.

You know, this game is another application of this "Oxygene" game engine, that we saw for the first time at Railroad Tycoon 3; that I loved to play it too.

The simulations gamer community is todays badly needing a good game, after particularly good SimCity 4 Rush Hour.

btw. in Turkey, the people is actually burning one of the most expensive gasoline of Europe, ca. to 3.4 TL (turkish lira_s) equivalent of 1.65 euros per litre. Heh, as everyone on this Big Game, we are all benevolent money trees of our govts.

Happy Oiling..

MoS

Inventor of the "Turkish Building Technique"

Game Ratings:
    First time total population beyond 3Mio frontier:3 045 259
    Current Game: P2_Herz andP2_Kanoneof course..

Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt.
    Lost are only those, who abandon themselves.