Technical Questions

• Hi,
    Here is what is happening. In Manual arbitrage, I am trading 5 goods. I set it up the stops for buy, and sell, start the auto route and it buys. When I go to sell each item, say beer for example, on the max setting, most of the prices in the market will change in the whole market when I sell, say 30 barrels of beer for example. If I were to select the 1,5,or 50 unit buttons, only the beer price will change reflecting the transaction, more goods in the market, supply is up, purchase price comes down. Is this a glitch in the system similar to the other one I had (which was all the sailors were gone from the taverns) or is this supposed to be normal? ?(
    Thanks
    Man of the C

• If you select the 5 or 50 unit buttons, then prices of all goods should change whether they are on your ship or not, to reflect the average price you would get if you sold, say, 50 meat. This will obviously be lower than the price you would get for 1 meat.

It sounds to me like that is all you are seeing ... ?

• Hi,
    What I am referring to is the changing of the prices after I have clicked the sell button, say for beer, in a transaction. I sell the beer, then the prices change instantly for all the goods, buy and sell, in the market. It’s really weird. :crazy:
    I have seen relational prices change, say if you sell beer then it affects the timber, sell iron goods it affects pig iron and timber. I also realize that it is a dynamic market, where the AI is simultaneously doing things. But watching the buy and sell price change for Pig Iron when your only selling beer? I would see the existing margin for Pig Iron get wiped out. Great before I sell the beer, gone after I sell it. No change in the quantities of the goods in the market except for what I just sold, only the prices. Reloading and using the 50 quantity though, only the beer prices would change.
    I can understand 2-4 changing due to AI, but this was the whole board. The manual arbitrage is new to me, this is my first time trying it. That’s why I asked.
    I didn’t have much time to test some other things. I would have liked to search the whole matter out, but I want to play on.
    Your up river trick with the missions is next on my list. ;) I’ve never captured a crayer or cog with a snaikka without cannons, so time to learn! :]
    MotC

• The changes you are seeing in the price across the board occurs because as you sell your goods, the amount of space on your ship increases. For example, let's say your ship is loaded with 12 meat and there are 60 barrels of beer in the market. Let's also say that you have the 50 at a time tab clicked. Initially, your ship can only hold an additional 30 beer so the price that appears for beer purchase is based on the maximum that your ship can still take. If you start selling your meat, the price will continue to change to reflect the new maximum that you can load on your ship. The same effect will be seen for any other goods. The price will not continue to change once you have more space on your ship than there are for a specific type of good in the market place. In the example above, once you had sold off 3 meat and now had room for 60 barrels on your ship, the price for beer would not continue to increase since there are only 60 barrels in the market.

• Man of the C

Since you change the space available on your ship the quantity you could buy, or sell of that producvt, does change. Since both, buy and sell are on max, the prices have to change.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
    Wer niemals einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat noch nie etwas neues probiert Albert Einstein

• When I was reviewing Ugh’s 1300 save a while back, I was looking at how he named his ships and then selecting them to see what they did. When I checked a ship in Gotenborg, the ship was not visible from the screen. I didn’t think much of it then until something happened to me yesterday. I was in Gotenborg reviewing the ships I had at anchor there and was changing the name of one. When I started to search for the ship to rename, I noticed a name of a hulk I had captured but the hulk was not on the port view screen anywhere. I changed its name and put it to repair, went and looked at the screen again and noticed some others were missing. :crazy:I went to the convoy list and they were listed there. I selected a ship in the convoy list and it sent me to the town marker. My info window showed me that I was on my selected ship. I selected it to go to another town and it left port properly. I do have the hide convoy ships button selected but these are not convoy ships. In the Ugh case, his was a convoy leader that does not show up along. Anyone else experience this? ?(

• There is a limit on how many ships wil be displayed. Once a new one enters port another one gets "bumped". You still can view the names of all ships from the main display via right click on the port.

Wer niemals einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat noch nie etwas neues probiert Albert Einstein

• Isn't the harbour master (or port master or however he is called in Patrician III) the right person to select when you want all your ships to be displayed in a list?

Balou

• The harbour master (don't know the exact translation as well) offers a list that displays every ship that is currently in the town, even if it is not visible. Clicking the arrow left to the name will let the screen jump to the monument.

Zitat

Originally posted by bizpro
    You still can view the names of all ships from the main display via right click on the port.

Where, what? That must be a trick that only works in the international Patrician III version. Or have I overlooked anything?

• @ Amselfass:

No trick. Right click on any town in the main display and all your ships in port will be displayed in alphabetical order.

Edit It's left click on the tan flag showing the number of ships in port. Ships undergoing repairs are not included.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 Mal editiert, zuletzt von bizpro ()

• against common belief: you can teach old dogs new tricks ;)