Beginner's Corner

• The optimum is actually a bit different from town to town. The best pricing is to use the market hall, and check the consumption and production figures. If you maintain the supply in the marketplace at a level equal to a few day's consumption, the people remain happy. This is important as the town grows, to keep your employment and morale at maximum. While your manager sells once a day, the captains do so twice a day; a stationary convoy can supply certain goods steadily. Some production goods are bulky enough that it actually pays later on to simply dump them into the marketplace at a loss, and make it up on the smaller high profit items.

• Hello Jasminew!

First of all, gather the ships together in a port.
    One of them has to become the convoy's leader - the oorlog ship (warship).
    It must comply these minimum requirements:

• a captain
    • at least twenty sailors
    • ship's condition at least at 50%
    • weapons at least at two red ball's value (you do know how to equip weapons, don't you?):

Secondly, you have to establish convoy, by clicking on this icon on the far right of your monitor (becoming orlogship must be in charge)

Any further ships can join by respectively repeating second step.

You're welcome!

• Hello everybody! It is my first post here ;) .

Firstly i want to ask, how do you handle automatization? Are you allowing captain to handle it or stocking it in the warehouse and then sell it to the city? I know the second option can be far more profitable but still, measuring time of each journey, which is sometimes changing as i observed (wind probably since i was always at full hull), calculating all market consumption...is it worth it or better to stick to old good load it up, and if they are returning with some goods build up trading cities and bump productions all the way?

Secondly - can mediterranean cities be somewhat expanded? Is fulfilling contracts doing them any good?

Oh and by the way, spent quite some time on this forum learning about Patrician. Good work you did there guys! ;)

• Hi,

It's better to have an administrator buy and sell for you because he does so each day. For my auto-trade routes I'll list each city twice - one to sell everything if it's at a good price and the other to buy everything if it's at a good price. I don't expect to buy/sell everything, but sometimes the towns will be unexpectedly over/understocked and I'll get a good deal. But in towns where I have an administrator, I'll drop off everything(transfer to) instead of selling everything, and I'll pick-up (transfer from) items that I produce and put a buy on everything else - again, just in case it's at a good price. Ideally, everything that is bought or produced at my trading offices is transferred to a hub and then re-distributed to all my auto-trade captains.

The prices I set at the trading offices are different to the prices I set for the auto-trade captains.
    Also, giving your towns with trading offices a good deal on selling goods will help that town grow, which is more important than making the most profit.
    As far as the Mediterranean is concerned, I've never seen contracts affect anything, but I'm not really sure.