Other tricks

• This thread is for other tricks

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
    Wer niemals einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat noch nie etwas neues probiert Albert Einstein

• If you are short of hemp, make sure that the town has enough to build one fisher and remove all hemp from your office. You can now build fisher without having to worry to run out of hemp, but it will be costly

source: Gesil

Wer niemals einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat noch nie etwas neues probiert Albert Einstein

• A little more clarification, please. Do you mean you can build multiple fisheries at the same time, if you have enough timber, bricks and iron goods? No limits? And for efficient and inefficient (train oil producers) fisheries?

Does it apply with hunting lodges?

Normally, if you are short of anything in building, you can still build it if the needed goods are present in the town market. Sometimes, if you are very fast, you can build more businesses or houses than there are goods to build them with, too.

• If you have 10 hemp in the town's market and none in your opffice you can place as many fisher as you want.
    This does not work for hunting lodges!

• "If you have 10 hemp in the town's market and none in your opffice you can place as many fisher as you want.
    This does not work for hunting lodges!"

Bizpro,

according to Gesil, it works for fisheries, whalers, and hunting lodges:

Bauen ohne Hanf

Best, Charlotte
    :urlaub:

"Wir sind verletzt, aber wir stehen wieder auf."

Berlin - Breitscheidplatz, zum 19. Dezember 2016.

P2 1.1/P4 2.0.4

• I sit corrected. However, P III calls fisher & whalers fisher

• Bizpro,

Thank you. Two more tricks: Abrisstrick and Versteigerungstrick. Do you think you could put those into proper English? Both can be very helpful.

I really got to go now, :urlaub:

Charlotte

P2 1.1/P4 2.0.4

• Thanks, but those two are old news. I monitor two other P III forums and our members here are also participating in at least one of the two.
    Unfortunatley, some of the old, good, forums are no longer active.

• In order to expedite wall building you can "sponsor" such activity by donating bricks and, if necessary, timber and IG just before the construction dates. The dates are identical for each year and, a table to keep track of up to six towns, can be downloaded here.
    Of course, the council must have agreed to the extension of the wall. And, just to remind you, the town will levy huge fees for the competion of walls so you may have to stagger the completion to ensure you are financially in the position to cope with the extensions. Of course, a pirate can always take at least part of the fees back by a quick visit to the coffers. :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 Mal editiert, zuletzt von bizpro ()

• "Thanks, but those two are old news. I monitor two other P III forums and our members here are also participating in at least one of the two."

Well, this probably was redundant. Sorry, I didn't know.

"Unfortunatley, some of the old, good, forums are no longer active."

Very much so. May I politely inquire what "IG" means? Search only allows terms with 3 characters.

Best, Charlotte

P2 1.1/P4 2.0.4

• IG = iron goods / ironware. Walls (and I think towers and church extensions) require bricks, timber and irongoods to be present in the town market.

I'm not sure what prices they require, in my most recent game (contest, Ladoga & one other city, maybe London?) the town was buying bricks until there were 20 left in the market in order to expand a church. ie if you sell bricks so there are 25 in the market, next day there will be 20; this kept up for a while until the church had bought enough to expand - I didn't try to count how many. Not sure if they always buy to 20 left on the market, or to a certain price that just happened to correspond to that this time.

Not sure what the required prices/quantites are for timber and iron goods, or whether they're different for towers/walls than for churches.

Bizpro, does that table mean the town only tries to build walls once every 8 days? So if there aren't enough goods on the market one "marked" day, there'll be no check to build walls until 8 days later?

Does the same apply to towers for the gates/port?

• During last year's contest I found that the price in the market had an impact on wall building. I dump enough bricks just before the date changes into the market to bring them below 100 GS and a quantity of 140+. IG should sell for <450 and timber <65. These values may differ this year since the trade setting is different.

The towns will only place walsl on the dates specified. The first town to place is Edinburgh. If you are fast enough, you can dump the necessary goods on the building date, but I'm too slow for it so I dump just before the changeover. The maximum the town will build on each day is either 12 wall sections or 1 gate. Gates take less bricks, I think 25, but may be wrong. So, if the wall is 150 sections and 3 gates the fastest time to get the wall placed is 128 days (13 * 8 for walls + 3 * 8 for gates). Currently wall building is going on in my hometown plus 4 other towns. At least one will be don with the 2nd wall by the time it's time to get the new production town going. But I have 80 brickyards and counting. (There was a reason for my madness of accepting low standings in 1300 - so I hope)
    Another tidbid: as long as the wall is completely placed, but gates are not yet completed, sieges will not happen. :170:

AFAIK, there is no direct way to sponsor, or speed up, tower building, short of doing a whirlwind tour and becoming mayor for a day in each town (works only for Hanse towns since you can't be elected in others). Also, a seige seems to trigger some activity for the town. Leaving a lot of bricks in the market place may cause the AI do do foolish things, such as building houses and plants where I don't want them. On the other hand, the AI cheats and builds even without bricks.

• Bizpro,

you were right, gates require 25 bricks.

Gate: 25 bricks, 2 timber, 2 IG
    Wall section: 10 bricks, 1 timber, 1 IG

second wall: about 150 sections
    third wall: about 200 sections.

I cherish to place sections every August 13th to remember the Berlin Wall. Thankfully there were no second or even third walls!

Charlotte, Berlin (Germany)

P2 1.1/P4 2.0.4

• As Startstruck mentioned in his progress report, too much cash can clutter up the display. The simple solution is to park it in the coffers of your home town and/or NPTs, but not more than 2,099,000,000 each otherwise it's all gone.

• If I ever get to 2 billion cash, I probably won't mind losing most of it ...

Wouldn't that policy encourage attacks on your towns? I thought from some other discussions that having a lot of money in the town coffers made attacks more likely?

• It appears that offloading copious quantities of goods to the prince is a greater trigger of attacks. If an attack is being announced you can always move the funds or, if you are too late, buy your freedom (don't forget to make a save before making an offer in case the attacker is offended by you roffer)
    In the contest2006 I had 1.9 Billion in one coffer but, thanks to 160 guards and full fortifications, never had an attack.

• Zitat

Originally posted by Charlotte
    according to Gesil, it works for fisheries, whalers, and hunting lodges:
    :urlaub:

The hemp trick appears to work for repair yards also. Quick way to save 50 hemp :]

• Zitat

Original von Starstruck

The hemp trick appears to work for repair yards also. Quick way to save 50 hemp :]

I love good news :) !

Charlotte

P2 1.1/P4 2.0.4