Compatibility Issues

• Out of curiosity I have bought P II Gold. It installed fine but the video intro had to be excluded in the command line.
    Some changes I noticed are that official notices appear in the top left rather the top right of the map. I missed some charges :O
    Most annoying are the BTDs. It may be that this will not be an issue with Win2K but XP Pro SR2 has an issue with the German version of the game. About every 15 - 20 minutes I get a BTD where, in most instances, the game just closes. Soemtimes I get Gate's notification that the program encountered an error, he apologizes ec.
    I will e very relucant to get the "free upgrade" for Vista. Even if I should let them send it to me, it will remain in the wraper until SR2 is out.
    I have Win2K on one computer - it's the most stable platform I have ever seen out of Redwood, but it has P III and I don't want to mix programs of the same manfacturwr since I am afraid it might bugger up the registry.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
    Wer niemals einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat noch nie etwas neues probiert Albert Einstein

• Are you playing the P II Gold game with the P II Gold program? Or was it Patrician III?

I noticed the game loads in English. Previous contest games loaded in German, switched later to English. The programs aren't altogether compatible. There is the missing "Edinburgh" issue, the lack of payoffs for patrol missions, and a few others.

The no intro issue has to do with the security feature on the game. The game was written pre XP, and the disk issues show up as if we were trying to copy the game.

I have had a few crash to desktop problems in the contest game. I get the message patrician.exe has a problem and needs to close.

• I play a P II game with the P II Gold

Generally I found no problems with PII games being played on P III. The Edinburgh issue doesn't bother me and I don't do patrols :D Other than that both contest played nicely on P III

Until now I did not have an intro issue on my laptop, which runs XP as well, just the new machine. Or it's just another difference between P II and P III.

The Vists issue does concern me though.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
    Wer niemals einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat noch nie etwas neues probiert Albert Einstein