My kind of game

• I noticed that Bizpro was drumming up interest for a new contest over at the Ascaron forum; when I got here it was closed. What is up with that ? I have to say I was captured by the prospect of a new challenge at the begginning of the year but, found that the time commitment was just too great. I dont like starting something I cant finish. I enjoy something with a three month commitment, which is generally two to four game years depending on skill. Baltic Traders games have always been good, realistic (no cheats) and schedule friendly. I've enjoyed and completed each one I started. Maybe the forum here can support more than one contest; the year long game and a shorter campaign ?

Lastly, on the drop out issue. The more inexperienced players get discouraged by the progress of some of the better players, maybe having a game with no progress reports just a ranking of finishing after the end dates by the judges. Having some lighter offerings may help develop players.

• Cyrus:
    I am sorry, it took a bit longer. The contest section os now open.
    You will notice that Hosping's suggestion allows players to play either a short (to the end of 1303), medium (to the end of 1305) or long contest (to the end of 1312?).
    What we are loking for are other concrete suggestions for the contest.

BTW, your post, without the reference to the thread closre since it's no longer an issue, has been translated and posted in the appropriate section of the main forum.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
    Wer niemals einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat noch nie etwas neues probiert Albert Einstein