Piratenests

• As Eldermann in Forumrank I feel free to open a new thread for clarity ;)

@ B.T.

Your explained method in the smalltalk thread about nestattacking is not bad. But let me explain my favoured tactic in detail. I take as example a large nest of 24 ships (6 of each type) with 3 canonturrets. In this example I have the ideal "attack-tools" in my eyes on my hands. This are:

- 1 convoy of 8 550" cogs level 3 with full crew, captain and arament of big catapults
    - 3 canon hulks 700" type and also level 3. Full crew, X/3/5 captain or better, 70 crew members with full cutlasses and full canon arament. This are my black widdows
    - 8 cogs of 550" type, full arament of bombards, full crew with full cutlasses arament and a x/3/5 captain or better. Maybe in case of ther cogs go also here some or only 700" hulks level 3 and so on.

After the nest was made visible, I make first visit with 1 black widdow hulk. Now I shoot everything in range a little bit down, mostly with reason to reduce the crewnumber on the pirate ships.
    Because of the large number of enemy ships inside a nest against one hulk it is nearly impossible to prevent any hit on my self. So I have beside the 2. black widdow a reserve widdow, if the 1. widdow got to much damage.
    Because of the high crewnumber and best arament of the hulk, normally no pirate trys to conquer my black widdow. If someone straightened do, I flee with the hulk, because such a fight is not my goal in this phase. Only shooting the enemy a little bit down is the target here

After every pirate ship is reduced in crewnumber and hearts (that means speed and maneuverability), my relative new developed special "rolling thunder" tactic beginns.
    My 8 single cogs (and/ or hulks) were placed on the seamap in different distances to the nest. Now they were all clicked with the mouse for the nest as target and at least I take my 2. black widdow to drive inside the nest as first.
    With the black widdow I try first to force the enemy to go out of the range from the turrets.
    After the first attack cog arrives, I take here straightly as target an enemy ship to conquer. From now on the widdow hulk is like a guarding dog and has two orders (manual handed of course):
    a) to prevent any enemy to recapture my prey and so on
    b) to support the conquest of the cog with salvos

After the 2. cog arrived, she does the same way as the first one. Also, if enough crew remains on the 1. cog, she trys a second conquest, maybe on a smaller enemy vessel. Every ship prey straightly drives out of battle after beeing conquested. Also every cog from my hunters drive off, if crenumber is to low for a new conquest. The advantage of rolling thunder is, that every time and important, with timespaces, my conquest ships arrive during the running battle. So it ist much easier to finish the attack.
    After every enemy ship was conquested, sunken or escaped (maybe forced to flee, see later below!), I drive with the rest of my ships also off the nest.

Now only the turrets are remaining. With a 3. attack I have two options: I can make a manual attack on the turrets with the attack convoy or make an autoattack. To save realtime in gaming, I make most times an autoattack, but that doesn´t mean I couldn´t do it manual. The autoattack works only faster ;)

In P2 it is possible to arrange a double attack. It´s not 100% sure why sometimes a double attack must be made, but it´s very good if. After destroying the nest and everything inside, the black dot doesn´t vanish, but you got the money prey. If you cklick on the black dot you read "1 (or more) ships are guarding the harbour". So in this case a second attack is needfull to make the order clear. But the good thing is, you make also a 2. monexprex.
    I discovered, that this happens often, if about one third to the half of enemy ships (sometimes more) could flee outside the nest or are forced to drive out of the map. If you make this planned, you have a 50% chance for a double attack with double money prey. Also, you can try this with Save / Reload if it not works straightly the first time. ;)

EDIT:

What I forgot to write: The repaircost are low. Only one hulk and may be some cogs get some hits but not very much. During the autoatack, the catapult convoy loose only about 20 hearts, not more. In all the costs are about 20.000 GS maximum for my own ships. For ship preys a little bit more.

Nur der Pirat ist der wahre Händler, denn nur er hat alle Möglichkeiten (business is war !!! ;) :P

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Mandela ()