"Rolling thunder" attack discovery

• Hi together.

During an attack on a pirate nest I found a new thing.

We take as example, that Scarborough is a pirate nest. It´s just made visibly. So now 3 single warships drive to attack the nest and all 3 had set the nest as clicked target on the seamap :

- ship "A" from Newcastle
    - ship "B" from Edinburgh
    - ship "C" grom Groningen or somewhere else in northern sea

Ship "A" is the first one and attacks the nest. During the manual fighting inside the nest ship "B" arrives the nest. I thought that it waits outside the nest, because I´m just in fight on the battlemap. WRONG !
    Ship "B" drives also during the battle of ship "A" in the battle and now I have 2 ships in fight / on h and. Ship "C" does so also, if the batle is still on running and this goes not only with single ships, it works also with complete convoys.

Also I tested it with an attack on towns as pirate. It works the same way (if the town has a harbour defence, if not you know that you directly plunder).

It´s a nice thing I believe, becauso so you can make an attack of something like "rolling thunder".
    Joculary is also, that the pirates get in chaos when ship "B" enter the stage!

I only found that thing accidental. May be there are some possibility to use it for something more or else. I don´t know and I have not the time to search for it intense in the moment. ;)

Nur der Pirat ist der wahre Händler, denn nur er hat alle Möglichkeiten (business is war !!! ;) :P

• Used that for a while, Mandela. I usually have done hit and run type raids, and as one ship inflicts heavy damage on the defending fleet and is leading it away as well, the second enters in and inflicts further damage. Setting up several cogs or crayers headed toward the city at varying start points keeps the action running. A half dozen work pretty well.

• @ B.T.

For me it was new and strictly accidental I "found" it. Also I never found it in any thread before.

I was a little bit surprised, when I fought with my single battleship "A" inside the nest and a second one of my fleet arrived in the running battle. :eek2: :giggle:
    I believe that I use that method in future really planed for some nests. The "rolling thunder" effect works very well. The 6 ships inside were killed / captured in 6 min realtime. :D

Nur der Pirat ist der wahre Händler, denn nur er hat alle Möglichkeiten (business is war !!! ;) :P

• @ patrician Jr.

Well, it is in my eyes. it makes the attacks more effective. Maybe it´s isefull for something else, don´t know.
    Now I remeber that I heard earlier about something, that this thing goes also during a normal running seabattle, if you click here also with two or more ships the enemy as target and if they are not too far for it.

I tried it, but it doesn´t work in my game. :)