maximum # of buildings/town

• Thanks To Swartenhengst, who copied the data, here's a list of the maximum number of busienss you can build per town. If you exceed the critical maximum, a bug in the program will make all inventory and the pruduction unavailable. Once you demolish the businesses that exceeded the citical maximum, you accumulate again goods in your warehouse, but the prior inventory is gone!

breweries 298
    smelters174
    workshops 285
    hunting lodges 401
    cattle ranches 262
    grain farms 410 (who will ever exceed that number?)
    hemp farms 211 (cricial maximum)
    saw mills 158 (critical maximum)
    apiaries 301
    pottert 301
    pitch maker 36
    satworks 337
    weaver 154
    vinyards 237 (critical maximum)
    sheep farms 231
    brickyards 179

Edit: Thanks to Ugh!'s comment I changed the language to critical maximum for the known maxima. Please post here if you know of any other maxima. If you are moderator, please edit this post and add a notation (critical maximum) to it after changing the number.

edit 2: after playing on a very difficult map, Fruehe Gruenderzeit by Frank I found new save maxima. I will update them as the game goes on

brick yards: 220
    pitch maker: 80

these maxima have only been tested in P III V 1.1

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
    Wer niemals einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat noch nie etwas neues probiert Albert Einstein

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von bizpro ()

• Zitat

If you exceed that number, a bug in the program will mak all inventory and the pruduction unavaialbe.

Not necessarily. These are the highest yet achieved numbers of plants in a town, without causing problems. Maybe the actual limits are higher, or don't even exist.
    Only the amounts of vineyards and (iirc) sawmills are actual limits, you shouldn't exceed.
    Don't mind, only for accuracy. :rolleyes:

• One thing to remember is that Patrician III is not P2Gold. There are a number of differences between the two, differences that show up in playing games loaded from P2Gold (and I suspect others would show up if loaded onto P2Gold from PIII). Some examples are that Edinburgh is always a blank in the messages, the bombards have different effective firepower, and the patrol missions only very rarely pay a bonus that is promised for the ambush. So, this bug may or may not be the same in the international version of the game. We are on version 1.1 of the patch; the first version for us caused crash to desktop for patrol messages or for Med contract messages (which never happened with P2Gold); the first patch 1.0 had a bug for +/- key usage where millions in cash would be added to your company. And 1.1 has a bug where you don't need to have the disc to play the game. :]

Some brave intrepid soul like Bizpro should check it out someday, to see if it is the same in our version of the game. ;)

• @ Baltic Trader:
    Do you mean to say you want me to put down more than 158 sawmills in my Scarboroguh and replace all those nice grain fields? Let's see, 6 builders @ 10 days/sawmill for 150 units = 267 days.
    Required resources: 480,000GS, small change; 4,000 bricks, done in two weeks; 320 ew: no problem, 320 timber: at least some use for the huge surplus; wasting 3 hours of real time: priceless. :D

Wer niemals einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat noch nie etwas neues probiert Albert Einstein

• And have a nice day yourself yoo.:toilet:

I'd rather totally demoralize rookie.

• @ B.T.

Well, the number of differences between P2Gold and PIII is high. I believe the bug of critical numbers of businesses is also in PIII, because it´s a kind of higher mathematics in programming. We will see if it is or not.

Your listed Bugs are a kind of mad in some cases, the +/- key and you make much cash, that´s of course a mad bug. :eek2:
    Also I will say, that there are some known differences between P2 Addon and P2Gold. One is, that you could drive by autoconvoi with cogs or hulks in rivertowns with Addon. With P2Gold it´s impossible. Only manual you could do it, if you ignore the message about overloaded cogs and hulks. Also you can contaminate the version with a save of the other version.

By the way: With P2 Gold it is also not necessary to have the CD inside the drive to play. So it´s not a bug. I believe, that it is only with newer games from Ascaron, by example Port Royal II. Also, this disk with it´s copysave is until today not cracked. So you have to play that game with the CD inside the drive.

Nur der Pirat ist der wahre Händler, denn nur er hat alle Möglichkeiten (business is war !!! ;) :P

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Mandela ()

• We used to be able to override the river problem manually, it went away with the 1.1 patch. Now only if you are mayor, and you have a cog or holk capture, can you have one sail upriver. You can repair it, but can't use it as an autotrader or as outrigger (You could before the patch). Once loaded it sails downriver, but that is it, it will not return (unless you auctioned it and recapture it). The +/- bug is gone, heaven knows just what caused that!

Another difference, in PIII I could affect just where my ship landed in North America on the first voyage. So, it was possible always to hit an Indian village dead on (using S/L of course). Doesnt' work in the loaded game, I can hit the Chesapeake bay region, or around Jacksonville, that is it.

But the critical number idea needs testing in P3. The game was hurried to market with a number of bugs, no question. Perhaps this section is the same programming, perhaps not.

bizpro : Humbling Rookie? Are you the guy who beats up on kindergartners, too? :tong:

• Well also my meaning.

By the way:
    In P2 Gold you can only drive with a cog or hulk inside an convoy, leaded by a snaika or crayer. If you are inside the town, you can let the cog or hulk out of the convoy and do everything.
    You can drive with it lonely outside the rivertown. Also you can make an outrigger with the cog or hulk. That was, by the way, how I destroyed the dammed southern turret in cologne, because only the bow-weapons could hit the turret.

Nur der Pirat ist der wahre Händler, denn nur er hat alle Möglichkeiten (business is war !!! ;) :P

• [OT]
    I'm glad P III allows you to play without the CD; that saves the DVD drive. But, it appears that the patch does not install on games off pirated CDs.

Zitat

bizpro : Humbling Rookie? Are you the guy who beats up on kindergartners, too?

For adding in all those nasty surprises, and we know the real author, :160: he, rookie, is due for some punishment. As he admitted himself, he has problems coping with the demons he called upon.
    [/OT]

To really test the difference in the max buildings I would have to restart a new game in P III to ensure it’s free of inherited bugs. Unfortunately I deleted, together with last years contest files, all other old files so none are left. If anybody wants to donate an advanced game started in P III I would appreciate it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von bizpro ()

• Ummm, back to topic:

In my current game I built larger numbers of buildings. I'm not finished yet with many cities and I will never come close to some of the numbers mentioned above, but until now I have 50 pitch makers working (I won't try more: who will ever need so much pitch), 180 brickyards (just to try the limit mentioned above) and 275 cattle ranches (with many more in building queue).

And I hope, that more weavers are possible: it would be too bad about the bricks and IG - I did not think about max numbers until I had all those weavers set. Now they have yet to be finished.

More data asap...

Oh, and the hemp farm numbers must have been changed in the mean time: my last information was 224, which made me build (and remove) 13 hemp farms.

• Emerald:

The hemp farm limit was changed, IIRC based upon experience from Ugh!

I use pitchmakers to build up the population to get more building crews. It's a lot faster with 10 crews working, especially if you have lots of sheepfarms and weavers to build :D