Happy Ships

• The folloiwng was posted by Gesil:

Somebody (maybe it was me) posted some time ago that new buildings as well a recently captured AI and pirate vessels have a very grumpy crew. Actually, it’s the ship that is unhappy, not the crew. But, as soon as you transfer the crew to another ship and hire a new one from the tavern the mood improves to neutral (the face that looks like the holder just ate a few lemons)
    This may be already known but what you might not know is that if you first put a captain and at least new crew from the tavern the ship will be very happy. (The face that looks like it’s team just won the soccer championship)
    I normally always keep one captain in spare in the floating warehouse and for tavern missions, the captured ship sails with its captor to the central hub where the exchange takes place.
    This post may come too late for the participants in this year’s contest. However, for future games all aggressive gamers, pirates and traders alike, should get an benefit from it.
    Have fun utilizing it. :) 8)

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
    Wer niemals einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat noch nie etwas neues probiert Albert Einstein

• Actually, one new crewman is enough. If a newly built ship is rebellious, or after a capture of a pirate it is red faced, transfer all the crew to another ship. Then hire just one new crewman, and then transfer all the others back. It doesn't matter if you add the captain at first or not.

I usually do this, when I have captured a larger or better ship, and want to use it right away, or if a crew gets angry on me.

• If you have a captain on board before hiring the first crewman, the ship will be happier then if the crewman was hired before the captain comes on board (at least in the German version).