Small Contest Question

• Guten Tag....

I am a relatively new player and am considering entering the contest.

Only had slight need for the sick bag when I checked out all the scummy tricks that can be done to accelerate the game.

I've been practicing my fast start at home but stil not fast enough, so considering entering as a "trader" you know, someone who makes profit by buying stuff in one place and selling it in another.

My question - is arbitrage allowed in a "white" game or is it considered "black" ???

Danke Schone....

• Welcome to the Patrician 2/3 Forum!

Arbitage ist allowed in the white game. Plundering Citys or capture white Sihps is only allowed for Pirates. Using Arbitage ist the way for Traders to get capital nearly as fast as Pirates.

Capturing black ships ist allowed for all players. If you want to be on top you have to capture every pirate and fullfill all quests witch give you ships.

Niemand braucht ein einfaches Spiel! Ein gutes Spiel reicht!

Für die Dunkle Seite! Auch Piraten wollen Handeln!

• Negator-UK
    Welcome to the forum. It's easy to recognize someone if they keep their nick :D
    In a lilly- white game you can take tavern missions, hunt down prates, do arbitrage but you may not enter into any contract with pirates or commit acts of piracy. However, it does not matter if you play a "white-flag" or "black-flag" game, the points are the same.

You might want to read the starting hints for a trader. The link is in the Contest2006 details thread.

Don't be shy to ask questions. You will find this forum is more active than any other. :170:

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
    Wer niemals einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat noch nie etwas neues probiert Albert Einstein

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von bizpro ()

• @ Negator_UK

Welcome to the forum. Nothing beats some friendly competition between subjects of The Queen, who just celebrated her 80s.

• Zitat

Original von bizpro
    Negator-UK
    Welcome to the forum. It's easy to recognize someone if they keep their nick :D
    :170:

Yo !

Recognise ? You mean someone else out there is using my name ? :giggle:

But seriously, if I use different names I can't remember what I am called where, so I keep it simple.

Looking forward to learning German so I can read the rest of this site though. After a successful game I started two more to learn the black tricks, then started another single game and lost due to pear shaped finances again...

Must have gotten lucky earlier on..... :crazy:

• If you know the essential piracy trick, the outrigger one to flatten towers, than you should not have any monetary problems for a long time. After you "collected" all coffers, just play as you normally would, building businesses, trading posts and houses. And remember, if you need to, you can always go back for a second helping.

I like to collect a reasonable amount of AI ships to start my fleet. Of course, the first ones get upgraded for outrigger duty and for tavern missions. At that point you can add easily 10 ships/month to your fleet and soon you have enough to supply the towns per autoroute.

Wer niemals einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat noch nie etwas neues probiert Albert Einstein

• I have practiced my piracy (essential ?? you mean to avoid indictment ?) and found it mostly OK, although at the end of the day its a save/reload scam IMHO.

I did the outrigger trick and , yes, its quite profitable (although this was the one that nearly needed the sick bag ... I mean, talk about loophole....).

Then I practiced arbitrage, it does need some practice to get it right, I'll do this when I have time.

But by this time the game was starting to lose it magic, so I read about Levons Gold Trick (and your variant) but will get round to practicing them some other time too.

Meanwhile I just started another "normal" game :D

The only scam I use regularly is "Hunt the Captain then reload" and "Oh bum, where's the autosave..!" and I do save before battles sometime .... all the other tricks I'll probably use just in contests.

Wow... Having fun again.... :)

• It is seldom too early and never too late to start arbitrage. Reval would be a good contender for furs. Bruegge with cloth and IG is good too. Don't start arbitrage until you have around 100k petty cash since it will cost you money if you don't have enough funds. Aldo, whenever you attack a town it will stop and you have to reactivate it. Plundering a town has no effect but when the port is iced in it stops as well and needs to be re-activated.

In my last restart I usd the captain from Oslo to capture 5 ships and then sailed him to Brugge. By the time the ship was repaired he was put into service with arbitrage. I am not fond of arbitrage but see myself foreced to use it in this contest to obtain maximum points for CV as long as possible.

I only save before battles involving piracy, otherwise I am cocky. :D

• The stop of the route by running ot of supplies can be avoided by order to sell for example salt for 10000 GS.

Niemand braucht ein einfaches Spiel! Ein gutes Spiel reicht!

Für die Dunkle Seite! Auch Piraten wollen Handeln!