Goods in production towns

• Thanks to several players who did some extesive research last year we now know that you can influence the goods that will be offered in your new porduction town.

You have to generate a shortage of the first good to be offered the second good in the porduction town. Caveat: not all goods are given equal importance. If you are offered a good you don't want then increase the production of the associated good and check again. You actually can obtain all three goods to suit your Hanse.

Beer-IG
    Ore-wool
    IG-honey
    Skins (furs)-fish
    Timber – cloth
    Honey – grain
    Pottery – bricks
    Salt – ore
    Whale oil – grain + import of furs
    Wine – pottery
    Wool – wine
    Fish – beer
    Hemp – whale oil + fish
    Pitch – hemp
    Grain – meat/leather
    Spice – no effect
    Cloth – salt
    Bricks – pitch
    Meat/leather - timber

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
    Wer niemals einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat noch nie etwas neues probiert Albert Einstein

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von bizpro ()

• Zitat

Spice – no effect

Lack of spice has the effect, that your new production town offers only two goods .
    --> Spice should not be one of the three most wanted goods ! Spice don't creates a new good in your production town.

Larsson

• A few additions:
    * The game counts goods in the market hall, in the stores and on automated ships only. To produce the desired shortage it suffices to load all available goods on ships in the harbours.
    * I got the impression (worked four times in a row) that a new production town is triggered if one good falls to a stock of 0.

• I'm not absolutely sure because it would require extensive testing. The problem here is that it is not too unlikely that a town produces one of your good of choice just when you finished your shopping tour through the market places. So it usually worked after the second tour for me - I guess it is sufficient to have really nothing at all in market places, stores and autoroutes for one time tick.

• I know that production counts, that's why I tried in vein to get timber in last year's contest, I had over 100 cattle ranches in Haarlem alone. When you start out, you can use the table to produce more of one good to change the offerings. It would be interresting to find out what you get offered if you have no shortages.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
    Wer niemals einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat noch nie etwas neues probiert Albert Einstein

• Zitat

It would be interresting to find out what you get offered if you have no shortages.

A logical consequence would be that in case no new production is triggered by a shortage, the old offers remain for the time without any new shortage.

But it is not too seldom that there is no offer for founding a production town at all. Maybe this cancelling takes place if the AM notices that none of the 20 goods is currently not available in necessary numbers.