Urgent - 2008 Contest Proposals

• Dear members of our international community,

The collection of ideas for the our 2008 Contest is currently in progress in the German subsection of the board. I have already translated the contributions of Starstruck, Balou and Steersman from the brainstorming thread into German and posted them into the ongoing discussion about 2008's contest rules. However, they are not concrete enough to make an official proposal out of them. E. g., Starstruck posted a whole bunch of ideas not belonging together.

So I'd like to ask you to have another look at your submissions, review them and create an official, coherent proposal. It will then be respected for the upcoming voting. If necessary, I can do the translation into German for you.

Thanks in advance,

Amselfass

non-native speaker, please treat with clemency :P

• As mentioned, the Tavern's Side Room has a contest currently. It is a good one, in my opinion. Its files are linked in the other post.

Seventeen cities, varying goods. Some produce multiple goods, as many as fourteen, and some are producing only three. There are no real efficient chains (like efficient timber, iron ore and iron goods in the same town), you do need to do a good deal of trading. The game starts off with four ships -- a cog and three snaikkas -- and about nine hundred in cash in the city named Principality of Luebeck. You are already a guild member, too. The names of the cities are different. They are: Imperial Free City of Koln, Imperial Free City of Hamburg, Free Port of Visby, Khanate of Riga, Khanate of New Reval (at site of Pernau), Koenigsquisbergmel, Rookhaven, County of Torun, Barony of Danzig, Port of Naevstedt, Aalborg, Brugge, London Town, Grand Duchy of Haarlem, the Earldom of Tonsberg, and the Domains of MacNeal.

The rules are simple: You may pirate, but may not save and reload to avoid penalties. So, if you have captured or looted ten ships and haven't been indicted, you are basically disqualified as a not honest player. You may pay fines, or bribe your way out.

You may only capture one pirate ship a month. No more. Only twelve a year. Build all the ships you want. Notices of ship launches are checked, against total numbers of ships per month.

Scoring is only for rich citizens, 100% for very happy times their population, 80% times the population for happy, and down 20% in scoring each downtick. January 1st, annually is the scoring date.

Five hundred points for each different type of statue erected to you.

No arbitrage allowed (buying and selling same goods in the same town using a captain to generate free money), no money tricks of any kind, no hemp tricks, and no Turkish building. Blocks of six are allowed, no more. No outrigger trick.

Piracy is set low. Trading, satisfaction, the prince, etc are all set highest difficulty. Overall level is councillor. The Med cities have apparently been checked to favor foreign trading, export driven.

Great game, really. Different from others I have seen. Courtesy of Baltic Trader. It is much more in the style of how Patrician should be played.

• @ all:

Contest 2008: Proposals have been submitted by Hein Bennecke, Tristan/Frank (including a suggestion for an online contest), Swartenhengst, Fafafin, elite64, Larsson, Gesil - and, last, but not least, Starstruck, Balou, and Steersman. The latter have been put into proper German by Amselfass and bizpro. I'm afraid there won't be enough time to give you a résumé in English, let alone a translation, regarding the German proposals. You started brainstorming early in May, I know :O.

The poll will be held tomorrow.

Sorry, best regards,

Charlotte

"Wir sind verletzt, aber wir stehen wieder auf."

Berlin - Breitscheidplatz, zum 19. Dezember 2016.

P2 1.1/P4 2.0.4

• Steersman and our other international community members,

Your suggestion has been included in the voting as bizpro has kindly translated it into German. Unfortunately, we did not manage to include the submissions by Balou and Starstruck, since no concretion of the ideas has been posted on time.

If you like, you can cast your votes here: Abstimmung Contestvorschläge